Runes complete and good to go...?

Good morning all! How goes your day?

Well, as promised, here are the two completed Witches Rune sets that I promised to show you, however, as the title of this post suggests, there is a large question mark over whether they will ever be used for divination ...


Personally, I am not happy with the end result. Some of the Runes have been smudged, and the colours have not dried to the shades intended.

So, "Why have you shown them to us?" I hear some say.

As Witches, Pagans etc., we follow our own path, incorporating those elements of belief, that work for us as individuals. With increasing numbers seeking a return to a more natural, holistic way of life, I have witnessed many who feel drawn to follow the path of a Witch, and having read a variety of  "How to..." books on the subject, believe that they must follow each and every word of a chant, spell, incantation and ritual, to the letter. Any deviation is seen as a failure, some even worry that great harm will occur as a result of their slip.
 
Now, I'm not saying that those books are a waste of time, or that they are in any way useless. Indeed, many are very worthy GUIDES to our way of life. And there is the crux of the matter, they are GUIDES, not the be all and end all of the subject.

I don't know about you, but my poor brain can only hold so much information at any one time, so yes, even I use books as reference guides.

So ...The answer to the question is simple. I am a Witch, but I am human, I make mistakes, I am allowed to make, and hopefully learn from them. It is how we grow ... and guess what? You are allowed to make them too!

Whatever your path, make it your own. No one else will ever walk in your shoes, (or ride on your broom for that matter!) so, it's important to make mistakes, learn from them and incorporate them along your way. (And yes, there is a T Shirt with that on! I saw this on Facebook, but have never purchased anything from them.)

Please remember, I am a Hedge Witch, I work on my own through birthright and choice. My opinions are my own to share, however, that does not mean I am disrespectful of those who follow the way of the Coven, there is much to be gained by way of support, for those who choose to do so.


Blessed be,

Willow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Rune Cast